Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally, we can begin

BAMF lights.
Coolest stove ever. I am in Star Trek.














For Thanksgiving my family went down to the SLC area. And lemme tell you, I am so thankful to get out of my hometown. Something so tiny can get unbearably boring in mere seconds. And I've lived here for five years. I'll allow you to do the math.

The best part of Utah (besides seeing our family) is everything I've missed out on since moving. Maybe I'd actually enjoy a Barnes and Noble in the town I live in, you know? (I can literally spend my entire day in there. You think they'd notice if I just hid in the bathroom? .. They have nice bathrooms.) It might have something to do with the fact that I was born there - so maybe I have some unexplainable attachment to SLC? In theory it makes sense, but it also sounds really stupid at the same time. Big cities are just my lover. They will forever be my lover.

They opened an H&M in the mall there (which apparently originates in Sweden - thank you for that, Lina) and I was genuinely surprised at how cheap everything was. I've been used to $80 skimpy sweaters that in no way protect you from the harsh Idaho wind. (Thank you Hollister and Abercrombie.) I found a bra at the Victoria's Secret there that had about an inch and a half of padding. No wonder they say it takes you up an entire cup size... it's all fluff! No offense to you ladies, but if I was a guy I would feel seriously cheated. That, and it was like a hundred dollars. No thank you, I think I'll stick with my natural cup size and my normal bras. (Though, I will miss the sequins. I'll always miss the sequins.)

Let me just say that IKEA is one of the best places in the world. (Even if some German kid in my class was telling me about some conspiracy involving IKEA. What do the Germans know? Heh, just kidding.. I don't want any international dilemmas here.) I think my favorite part of it had to be the lights. I'm not talking your average lights that look like some sort of bulging eye with a dilated pupil. No man, these were serious lights. They had squiggles. They had dots. You wouldn't believe your sorry little eyes. For some reason, they sell stuffed animals there. And for another reason, their tags come out of their rear ends and are longer than their entire body. Swedish people, jeez. Who designed that? But they were half off, so I bought a gray mouse for 50 cents. Don't tell me it wasn't worth it. I wish I had a picture, but alas, I do not. Some random worker there also came up and gave me and Lina coupons for free ice cream. Ah, the magic of generosity. He's definitely going high on my list.

I am currently obsessed, head over heels in love with the Walking Dead. I was talking about it with some of my extended family, and apparently it's given several of them nightmares for weeks. Am I just desensitized? I can't deal with donating blood, but yet I can watch corpses get smashed into pulp. Ah, I'm a real winner. Anyone else hate Maggie? Say I. My bro Glenn deserves a real woman.

Back in the realm of all that is Idaho, I am now in Portfolio Building. Our first assignment was pretty interesting I guess - she wanted us to pick a controversial subject and display it on about a.. 60x20 illustration board using newspaper and magazines, etc. I picked assisted suicide, don't ask me why. In retrospect it was probably a terrible awful decision. If it gets put in the display case (which it most likely will not) people will wonder if I'm sane. At least I'm not doing something cliché. Right? Right. I decided to make Jack Kevorkian out of newspaper and yadda yadda. (I'm actually doing Al Pacino, because he acted as him in some movie and won an oscar or something. And Al Pacino is just great.) Why I ever chose such a challenging task, I have absolutely no idea. 

Right this second, there is a mouse stuck in my window well. As much as I love animals, I am going to disagree with Lina's idea of letting it inside. Mouse droppings and my bed just don't mix, you know? I also don't feel obliged to go outside in probably below-ten degree weather. Am I heartless? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment